Weber County Home
Weber County Search

Weber County Government
Department Pages

Weber Arts Council

Passport Information

Passport applications can be processed in the Weber County Clerk/Auditor's Office Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m and 4:30 p.m. The Clerk/Auditor's office does not issue the passport; the completed application, fees and all documents are sent to the U.S. Passport Agency in San Francisco which issues the official passport.

For more information about U.S. Passports please visit the U.S. Department of State Website.

Click Here: U.S. Department of State Passport Information

For any questions not answered here, please contact our office at (801) 399-8400.

Where can I get a passport?

We are located in Suite 320, 2380 Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT 84401.

We will process your application and forward the package to the US Department of State, which is the department that issues the passport.

What do I need to bring?

The passport applicant needs to be present when submitting the application. (You can’t have someone else turn it in for you.)

Please have the following ready when you arrive:

  1. Check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State.  (NOTE: “Counter checks” and “Starter checks” will not be accepted by the Department of State.)
  2. Any form of payment for the Weber County processing fee.  (Except American Express.)
  3. Passport application completed in black ink.  (Yes, the Department of State requires that you include your social security number on the application.)
  4. Original birth certificate.
  5. Current photo ID.
  6. 2” x 2” passport photo.

Can I get a passport photo at your office?

Yes, we are able to take a passport photo for you when you arrive.  We are more expensive than other passport photo options, but can take your passport photo here if you prefer.  The cost for a passport photo is $15.

How much does a passport cost?

That depends on whether you want a passport book or card, are an adult or minor, and if you want your passport sent expedited or routine delivery.  Please see the Passport Fees page.

What is the difference between a passport book and passport card?

A passport book is what people typically think of when they think of a passport.  It is good for any kind of travel anywhere in the world.

A passport card is about the same size and shape as a driver’s license.  It is valid only for travel by land and by sea to the following locations: Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.

Do I need an appointment?

We do not set appointments for passports.  Please feel free to walk in during the hours that we process passports.

When is the best time?

We can begin processing your application during normal work days between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.  Fridays are usually especially busy, as are the hours around lunch time.  If you are able to, please plan to apply for your passport outside of those times.

How long does it take?

Processing a single passport application can take 30 minutes.  If you have several passports to process, please arrive earlier in the day to allow us time to complete all of the applications.

How long before I get my passport in the mail?

It usually takes about 4-6 weeks to get your passport in the mail after turning in your application.  If you expedite the process (for an additional fee), it can take 2-3 weeks.

What if the passport is for a minor under 16 years old?

Both parents need to be present with photo ID.  Only parents listed on the child’s birth certificate need to be present.

If a parent’s name does not match the name on the birth certificate, supporting documents will need to be included that explain the name change.  Any supporting documents (i.e. divorce decree, death certificate, marriage license, etc.) need to be either the original or a certified copy.

If one parent absolutely cannot be present, they can fill out a Statement of Consent to be brought with the parent that can be present.  They must also provide a copy of the front and back of the ID of the absent parent.

What if I need to renew, update, or change something on my passport?

We do not handle any of those through our office.  You will need to send your renewal application or passport change form directly to the US Department of State.  You can learn more about that here:

Exceptions (these can be done through our office):

Adult passport expired for more than 5 years: You will need to submit a new application.

Renewing a child’s passport: You will need to submit a new application.