Weber County Home
Weber County Search

Weber County Government
Department Pages

Weber Arts Council

Animal Issues

Behavior/Handling Frequently Asked Questions 


If my animal dies, can I bury it in my backyard?
Technically yes, but preferably not. Decaying buried animals can pose biological contamination risks to water systems, humans and animals who may come into contact with the carcass. Alternatives include taking your animal to a local vet hospital or shelter for disposal, or to a crematorium for cremation. The Weber County Animal Shelter charges $10.00 for animal disposal and has a crematorium on site. Private cremation fees.

Is it OK to put dead birds or small animals into our garbage containers?
Yes, customers of Weber County Solid Waste Management can put dead animals weighing less than 15 lbs. into their garbage carts. When disposing of dead birds, wear gloves, enclose and tie the bird in a plastic bag and wash your hands thoroughly when finished.

What do I do if my neighbor's dog won't stop barking?

Call (801)395-8221 to report the nuisance (see our information on barking dogs).

Will the shelter remove wild animals, including cats from my neighborhood?

No.  For pick-up of wild animals contact a licensed wildlife trapper or the local Division of Wildlife Resources at (801)476-2740. To remove feral cats from your neighborhood, use a humane trap which is available for rent from our facility for $10.00/week or you can purchase one at a local area feed stores.