Forest Residential Zone FR-1
From Weber County Wiki
12-1 Zone Character and Objectives
The purpose of the Forest Residential Zone is to provide area for residential development in a forest setting at a low density, as well as to protect as much as possible the naturalistic environment of the development.
12-2 Permitted Uses
- Accessory building or accessory use customarily incidental to a permitted use
- Animals and fowl kept for family food production
- Cluster subdivision, in accordance with Chapter 22B
- Corral, stable or building for keeping animals or fowl, provided such building shall be located not less than one hundred (100) feet from a public street, and not less than twenty-five (25) feet from any side or rear lot line, 40 feet from the residence and 75 from the nearest adjacent residence.
- Greenhouse, non-commercial only
- Home occupations
- Horses for private use only, and provided that not more than two (2) horses may be kept for each one (1) acre of land - exclusively devoted to the keeping of horses.
- Household pets which do not constitute a kennel.
- Single family dwelling
- Temporary building for use incidental to construction work. Such building shall be removed upon the completion or abandonment of the construction work
- Residential Facilities for persons with a disability meeting the requirements of Chapter 23-26 of this Ordinance.
12-3 Conditional Uses
The following uses shall be permitted only when authorized by a Conditional Use permit obtained as provided in Chapter 22C:
- Bed and Breakfast dwelling subject to the following standards:
- Two parking spaces shall be provided for the host family plus one space for each guest room;
- Proprietor or owner shall occupy the property;
- Meals shall only be served to overnight guests;
- Signs are limited to a name plate identification sign not exceeding 2 sq. ft. in area per dwelling;
- Not more than 2 guests sleeping rooms per dwelling;
- Allowed only in existing dwellings with no exterior additions nor change in residential character; and
- Business license shall be obtained
- Bed and Breakfast Inn subject to the following standards and criteria:
- Proprietor or owner shall occupy the premises;
- Not more than seven (7) sleeping rooms per inn.
- The lot must be at least 2 1/2 acres in area with frontage on a public street of at least to hundred fifty (250') in width;
- The lot shall have frontage on a major street as shown on the County Master Plan (State Highway or County Major Street);
- The lot shall not be in a recorded subdivision unless the lot is specifically created for the purpose of a Bed and Breakfast Inn;
- The Inn shall be at least 300 ft. from the nearest existing dwelling;
- Two parking spaces shall be provided for the host family plus one space for each guest sleeping room;
- The guest parking shall be in the rear of the Inn;
- Meals shall be served to registered overnight guests only;
- Signs are limited to one name plate or one identification sign of not more than 8 sq. ft. in area;
- The site shall be landscaped to provide a visual and noise buffer to adjoining property; A Landscape Plan shall be submitted with Site Plan.
- The Inn shall be of a historic period or other distinguishable architectural style or design so as not to resemble the modern block motel appearance;
- A business license shall be obtained;
- All units to be in one building together with owner's residence.
- Church, synagogue or similar permanent building used for regular religious worship
- Educational Institution
- Educational/Institutional Identification Sign
- Golf course, except miniature golf
- Parking lot accessory to uses permitted in this zone
- Planned Residential Unit Development in accordance with Chapter 22D of this Zoning Ordinance
- Private park, playground or recreation area, but not including privately owned commercial amusement business
- Public building, public park, recreation grounds and associated buildings
- Public Utility Substations
- Ski resorts, including summer skate board activities as an accessory use
- Water storage reservoir developed by a public agency
- Conference/Education Center, with 5 acre minimum lot size
12-4 Permitted Signs and Regulations
Signs shall meet requirements of Chapter 32B, Valley Commercial Signs if located within the Ogden Canyon or Ogden Valley area.
12-5 Site Development Standards