Open Space Zone O-1
From Weber County Wiki
22E-1 Purpose and Intent
The Open Space Zone is specifically intended to encourage the preservation of a natural environment in an otherwise urban setting; to hold for future generations open space in which plants and animals can be protected and studied; to inhibit erection of unnecessary buildings on a flood plain, on areas of severe slope, areas of fault line and rock slides; to provide suitable areas for recreation and relaxation, and to alleviate stream pollution.
22E-2 Permitted Uses
- Botanical or zoological garden
- Conservation areas: botanical or zoological
- Fishing ponds; private or public
- Golf course, except miniature golf courses
- Horse raising, provided conducted in a pasture of at least five (5) acre size and with a maximum density of two (2) horses per acre
- Private park, playground or recreation area
- Public park, public recreation grounds and associate buildings, but not including privately owned commercial amusement business.
- Public Service Buildings
- Wildlife sanctuaries
22E-3 Conditional Uses
The following uses shall be permitted only when authorized by a Conditional Use Permit as provided in Chapter 22C of this Zoning Ordinance.
- Golf Driving Range in conjunction with a golf course
- Main and accessory buildings and uses customarily incidental to any permitted use
- Public Utility Substations
22E-4 Site Development Standards
22E-5 Sign Regulations
The height, size, and location of the following permitted signs shall be in accordance with the regulations set forth in Chapter 32 of this Zoning Ordinance.
- Free Standing
- Identification and Information