Weber County Engineering Department
- Our Purpose
- It is our function to provide the engineering services, support, and management needed in the maintenance, design, and implementation of Weber County's roads, bridges, storm water facilities, utilities, and other related public infrastructure. In conjunction with this purpose, we provide engineering support and resources to all county departments and Citizens. Through these services, we work to maintain or improve our public health and safety, infrastructure quality,value, and function, and our environment.
Some of the specific functions we perform include:
- Production & management of plans, drawings, contracts & specifications, cost estimates, construction projects, environmental reports, and traffic surveys as needed for county storm water projects, road building and improvements, facilities and buildings, bridge replacement, and other related county infrastructure.
- Review of proposed development plans for adherence to local codes, design standards, and ordinances. These local codes and standards deal with utility placement and availability, irrigation easements, storm water runoff, road improvement, and other infrastructure improvements.
- Management and distribution of applications for construction and use type permits including excavation and special events permits. We also manage and distribute business licenses and Weber County's aerial imagery.
- Provide continuous assistance to County Citizens, Contractors, Consultants, and other Public Agencies concerning land and municipal engineering issues.