|The Weber County Sheriff's Office began a Commercial Truck Enforcement Unit in 1999. The deputies assigned to this unit are trained and certified by the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA). The training consists of 80 hours of classroom and 30 hours of hands-on training. There is also an annual CVSA Top Hands competition held in various locations throughout the state of Utah.
The purpose of the Commercial Truck Unit is as follows:
- Enforce state and federal traffic laws
- Remove potentially unsafe and imminently hazardous vehicles from highways
- Document violations that might be used in subsequent enforcement action
- Obtain information regarding carriers, drivers, vehicles, and cargo relative to safety and compliance with state and federal laws
- Inspect and investigate commercial vehicles that are involved in vehicle collisions
If you have any special requests for the Commercial Truck Unit, please contact the Weber County Sheriff's Office.